Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jita 0.01isk wars

To keep my PI engine going, I make a trip to Jita every two or three days. I now need to take my freighter, due to the ever increasing cargo size. The frustrating part is, I am _just_ over my Orca’s ability to carry the goods. An Orca can make the trip in half the time, but I now need to take the slow-boat and not use the full m3 capability of the ship. At least it IS only one trip, and not several.




I have an alt in Jita with some basic trade skills. I set up the buy orders and sell orders, so my hauler just needs to dock, do a quick trade, and head back out. My hauler, who has Tycoon 3, is usually scanning the 4 regions I pass through, doing opportunistic buy/sells from afar as I pass through the Jita route. Occasionally I will stop by and drop off a manufactured item to sell, or pick up something priced way to low. But, for the most part, I buy /sell from my freighter while slowly aligning and warping through.



My Jita alt does all the 0.01 isk fights. It makes it handy to have one character that does all the Jita purchases I want. Set up the buy orders, and update continuously. If I have a few minutes, I can load one toon, update orders, and logout. She’s still sitting in her Ibis, and hasn’t left Jita since docking there after character creation and picking up her trading skill books. She also does buy/sell orders for the corporation, being perma-docked in Jita.



I have tried the tedium of flipping items in Jita. It does make isk, but becomes quite tedious. I can only keep it up for a week or so, until I need to take a few weeks off. I tend to like items that flip fairly quickly, and it seems as the isk level rises, the potential to flip decreases… although I could be just looking at the wrong items to trade. I also tried my hand at regional trading. That… did NOT go well. I lost 5-6m from the venture, but I’m certain it’s because I traded in the wrong item at a hub that gets frequent Jita updates. I went for a large differential item, and it became apparent that many other traders saw the same thing…

No comments:

Post a Comment