Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Overview

Faction: Caldari


Profession: Industry / Mining / Light missioning

Time playing Eve Online: 14 months

Prior MMOs: WoW, Guildwars



I have been playing Eve for just over a year now, and decided to start chronicling my activities. I do many things in eve: POS management, invention, research, mining, T1/T2 industry, exploration, a little missioning, PI, and trading (regional, station, and x-regional). I do not pirate, or PvP. (Not scared of PvP, just don’t have the time for it….)



My first MMO was GuildWars. I played a monk (healer/protector), and our group did really well… until internal drama. The group I was with was mainly older guys with kids (I have 4 children.) So, having a quick message of “my kid just woke up, gtg.” Wasn’t a big deal. Once that group split, all the other choices of teenage ‘kids’ just wasn’t appealing.



A RL friend talked me into trying WoW. I went overboard. Power leveled and raided TBC, defeating Illidan and going 3/6 SW pre-nerf as a healer. I really like the Illidan story form Warcraft III, and my heart wasn’t in WotLK. After a couple friends left the game, I did as well. I had my personal goal met of 500k gold, being able to competently play a tank, healer, and dps as a raider on a PvP server. Without the people playing, the drama was just too much. The time commitment was a bear and I couldn’t hold that down for very much longer anyway. 4hrs / night IMMEDIATELY after kids went to bed was hurting what I wanted to do. Can’t say I missed raiding. I missed the new challenges and figuring them out; but not the inefficient time spent.



Eve drew me in due to the economics. I played PvP GW and WoW, so the death penalty or the ability to die didn’t dissuade me at all. It actually made me want to play it more. Especially since I could do anything I wanted. After the tutorial missions or industry and trading, I was off… and didn’t do another mission for about 5 months. I decided I needed to start a bankroll to get my objectives done and went down the mining path. After upgrading to a mining barge, I created a new account… for hauling. Once my hauler was a month or so from an Orca, I fired up 2 more accounts for mining/industry. I then started branching out: perfect refines, industry, T2 invention/indy, capital construction, building fighting skills, mission for perfect refines, etc. In a month’s time, I will receive income from: Jita trading, x-regional trading, regional buy orders, mining, POS moon harvesting, T1/T2 manufacturing, PI, and a little missioning.



In this blog, I am planning on commenting on my current exploits, and observations. Hopefully, I can stick with it for awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment